Take time to play in the grass and smell the flowers, like these butterflies!
Oh, have a look at the Assistive Technology info. too.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Reflection - helping others, low tech, blogs

I have done some thinking about today's class and the blogs and have a few things to reflect upon.
1. It was reaffirming to see peers trying to help others in class today when there were glitches with getting logged on or trying to download apps. I love seeing students support each other, no matter how old the students are!
2. Today's outing was really fun! Just as Barb said, you start to see everyday items in new AT kinds of ways. This is an area where a team approach is beneficial. The more heads working together, the more possibilities for each item. (Though I don't think I convinced Lorraine that a mini clothes hanger with clips could be used as a visual schedule/ organizer.
3. I really enjoy looking at everyones blogs. It is interesting to me that with this many people doing blogs each one has its' unique features. Thanks Barb for helping with my question about attaching pdf into blogs. After looking at blogs I see how I might change something on mine. Thanks for the ideas everyone.
4. I am doing a course on disabilities in the afternoons too. It is interesting to me how some ideas are similar in each course.For example, in the chapter 8 (for this course)one of the design factors of a good AT device with the highest use are factors is"the same as or similar to devices used by the non disabled population". This design factor connects to the idea of allowing the student to "look more normal". We have been discussing how disbalility is socially constructed.See the connection?

Does anyone have an idea to efficently save the info from the blogs besides just cutting and pasting the parts I like best? Can we do that or do we need to get permission from the blog creators?

1 comment:

  1. Hey ...I didn't rule it out ..the clothes hanger thing may work ...just looked a bit busy but I'm open and flexible to trying new things. And that's a big part of the the AT buy in. I liked what you said about peers helping peers. I thought it was great today too when you, Janise, Terry, and I just worked our way through the movie making.

    I like your worn down there in the bottem of your blog ...he's working away loosening up the fertile soil so our IT ideas, knowledge and skills can grow.

    ReplyDelete