Take time to play in the grass and smell the flowers, like these butterflies!
Oh, have a look at the Assistive Technology info. too.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Boardmaker Plus

Well another day of learning! I had prepared for class by watching Barb's tutorial and knowing what was being expected in the assignment. I had some prior experience by using boardmaker. I still felt lost at times though. I have a new increased appreciation for my students when they feel something new is too much. I did manage to get the communication boards almost finished in class. When I came home I opened up the Boardmaker Plus Manual. It is long but well organized so I didn't have to read it all tonight. I tried out a few things for fun and learned a few cool features too! I strongly suggest using the manual. I guess it's true, if all else fails read the directions. Hopefully tomorrow's work on the book part of the assignment goes well. Wishing you all smooth sailing on your work!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget my tutorial I sent too Darlene - it walks you through step by step how to make a communication board. Also check out BoarmakerShare.com (same as AdaptedLearning.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb,
    Thanks for the reminders. I did look at your tutorial prior to class. It was terrific giving me the meat of what our task was. Lorraine and I both could not get our folders to come to our desktops for some reason. We tried several ways to solve the problem with no luck. I found the manual helpful for the little particulars I might want to change and it didn't help with the saving to desktop or sending it to you either. Lorraine & I did try the share site. I actually found it a little hard to navigate though we did find a good book to use as a starting point for the other part of the assignment.

    ReplyDelete